- Detailed Itinerary
- Inclusion / Exclusion
- Tour Highlights
- Payment Policy / Refund Policy
Kedarkantha Trek Highlights:
- Kedarkantha Trek in Uttarakhand is one of the most beautiful treks which take you to the land of some of the best views which you will cherish for a lifetime.
- This winter trek will take you through a journey of some of the unknown places with the best views of the mountains.
- During your trek you will trek across some of the most beautiful sights with snow-capped mountains, verdant valleys and frozen ponds.
- Get a chance to witness the vivid flora and fauna of the region as you continue your trek.
- Each of the campsites is known for its amazing surroundings with the beauty of pine trees.
- Soak in the amazing beauty of the region while you continue trekking through the lush meadows, dense pine forests, cascading beautiful streams, and gorgeous maple trees.
About the Kedarkantha Trek: For those of you who are looking for some thrilling adventure then Kedarkantha trek is perfectly made for you. Decorated with a beguiling magnificence of falling snow and bordered with pine trees, The Kedarkantha Peak is a standout amongst the most looked for after snow trekking destinations in India. You will start this trek from Dehradun which is another beautiful destination. The drive to Kedarkantha takes you through Mussoorie, and some of the scenic beauty of the region till you reaches Sankri.
During your trek, you will come across some of the majestic sights of the snow-capped Himalayas, the verdant greenery, lush landscapes, a myriad collection of flora and frozen ponds. As you continue your trek you will also see remote towns where ladies and children are busy taking, bundles of wooden logs, wooden sticks and dry leaves to use them for cooking and set up bonfires at night. Kedarkantha trekking package gives you that perfect trekking experience that you have been long waiting for.
About the Kedarkantha: In the celestial like the state of Uttarakhand, lies the snowy delight of Kedarkantha trek which is another beautiful trek. Close to the famous Har ki dun valley, this place is lesser visited. Steeped in unsurpassed beauty, over here you find charming villages, vast stretches of meadows, snow paths and magnificent views of the great Himalayas. The people of the region are said to be friendly and follow a unique culture and practice. Uttarakhand, permeating nature’s glory offers a dramatic landscape dotted with lovely lakes, tranquil rivers, mountains and rising Himalayan peaks. This is one trek which should not be missed by the adventure seekers who loves to take some challenges. This trek is an ideal destination for the nature lovers to bask in the prettiness of intact nature and enjoy wonderful and heavenly moments with exhilarating experiences.
Best time to visit Kedarkantha Trek: The best time to visit the Kedarkantha trek is in the months of December to April. The entire region is covered with sparkling white snow and the base of alpine trees is half-submerged with it. If the snowy mountains attract you then this the best time for you to witness the true beauty of nature. The months of June to September are the monsoon months and one must avoid trekking at this time. The trekking route remains open in the summertime but the beauty in the winter months is truly paradisiacal that makes it the best time to visit Kedarkantha.
Quick Facts About Kedarkantha Trek:
- Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: -5°C to 3°C
- Kedarkantha Trek Distance: 20 km
- Maximum Altitude: 12,500 ft
- Kedarkantha Trek Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
- Railway Station: Dehradun is the nearest railway station
- Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Base Camp: Sankri (10 hrs. drive from Dehradun)
- ATM: Purola has the last ATM point before your trek begins.
Meals during Kedar Kantha Trek: Everyday Snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian) are included in the package.
Stay during Kedar Kantha Trek:
- Tent or Guesthouse stay on triple/quad sharing basis
- Standard tents/Hotels/Guest House with attached washroom in Sankri
- Alpine tents in Juda – ka – Talab
- Alpine tents in Base of Kedarkantha
How to reach? :- Haridwar has a railway station which is well-connected from all metropolitan cities and nearest airport is Dehradun – Jolly Grant.
Dehradun – Sankri (2000M) (Drive / 6-7 Hrs):
- Today you will start your drive from Dehradun to reach Sankri.
- This is an enjoyable drive initially along the Yamuna and towards the latter part along the beautiful Tons River.
- There are very beautiful pine forest sections along the drive today.
- Upon reaching Sankri we will check into the scenically located campsite.
- Overnight stay at Sankri.
Sankri (2000M) – Juda Ka Talab ( Drive/10 – 15 Mins & Trek / 4-5 Hrs):
- After a leisurely breakfast, you will set out on the hike.
- Walking to Saur village and from there you will start climbing up.
- Reach a small lake/pond called Juda-ka-Talab.
- Camp here for the night.
- Overnight stay at Juda – ka – Talab
Juda Ka Talab – Base Camp (2800M) (Trek / 4- 5 Hrs):
- Post breakfast begin the trek towards Kedar Kantha base, our destination for the day.
- The route is beautiful with vast fields of snow and patches of green in between them.
- The Kedar Kantha base campsite is an open snow ground surrounded by trees.
- This site has been chosen keeping in mind the safety aspect and is a wonderful place to set up a camp.
- Here one can rest at Gujjar huts for safety back, in case the weather is harsh.
- From nearby get fabulous views of Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch& Kalanag peaks.
- Overnight stay at the base camp of Kedarkantha
Base Camp (2800M) – Kedar Kantha Summit (3800M) – Base Camp (2800M) (Trek / 7 – 8 Hrs):
- The distance to the summit is not long but is reasonably steep and walking on snow makes it more tiring and time-consuming.
- Depending upon the snow conditions select the best route leading to the summit.
- Start quite early about 2 am in the morning and it will take anywhere between 7 to 8 hours to get to the summit.
- You get to see all the mountains of the Yamunotri and Gangotri range and also of Kinner Kailash range and other ranges in Himachal.
- Also, there are some great views of the underlying valleys. After spending some time at the summit and will start descending and walk all the way down to base camp.
- Overnight stay at the base of Kedarkantha.
Base Camp (3400M) – Sankri (2000M) ( Trek / 4 – 5 Hrs):
- After a hot cup of tea and breakfast, we will start descending to Sankri.
- Continue on the trail and the views get really exciting as we start to get a glimpse of the tips of the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas.
- Arrival at Sankri for the night.
- Overnight stay at Sankri
Sankri (2000M) – Dehradun (Drive / 6 – 7 Hrs)
- After breakfast board the vehicle and start driving back towards Dehradun.
- Arrive in Dehradun by around late afternoon or evening.
- Your trip ends here.
- Room Service
- Private Parking Area
- In house music
- Outdoor Games
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, fax, internet, beverages, snacks, medical expenses, minibar of hotels, etc.
- Supplement for Meals not mentioned in inclusions.
- Permissions of photo/video shooting at the museums and objects.
- Optional activities/experiences attract supplement charge.
- Any other services not mentioned in Included above.
- Train Tickets / Domestic airfare.
- Any other services not mentioned in Price Inclusions above.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) 5% on the package cost.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- This trip has two variants with transport and without transport.
- Professional guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Fresh & clean sleeping bags with inner lining/hot water bottle to keep you warm in cold winters.
- Basic First Aid Medical kit with Oxygen cylinder and Oxi meter (tour guides are certified in handling first aid situations).
- The applicable price is based on minimum of 2 adults traveling together.
- The above price is not valid for travel during the trade fair period and special events.
- There is no refund for any non-utilization of any services.
- We recommend you to book an airline ticket in advance to avail the lowest airfare. Airfare pricing is real time and is subject to change unless ticketed, please check details of amendment and cancellation before going ahead.
- Exchange rate will be applicable on the day you make the payment as per company rate card.
- It is advisable for all clients to have overseas travel insurance for the entire travel duration of your holiday. Please check details with our travel consultant.
- At this point of time, no services are confirmed and the same is subject to availability.
- Should the period of travel, the number of participants, the type of accommodation, and the type of transport or the duration of the trip, change the quote will be revised accordingly.
- Request for early hotel check in or late checkout is to the discretion of the hotel unless pre-booked and pre-paid in advance.
- Please check Terms & Conditions before proceeding to book with Overseas Travel Solutions.
- All payment to be made strictly by Cheque / Online / Demand Draft / Direct bank transfer in favour of Overseas Travel Solutions.
- SIC transfers do not operate between 08:30 PM – 07:30 AM.
- Luxury Hotel rates are applicable on Weekdays (Monday – Thursday) only.
- In case of unavailability, similar category Hotel will be provided.
|PAYMENT AT THE TIME OF BOOKING||BALANCE PAYMENT||CANCELLATION CHARGES||AMENDMENT CHARGES|
|45 days prior to departure||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 10% of the tour price.||30 days prior to departure.|
|30 days prior to departure.||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 25% of the tour price.||20 days prior to departure.||25%||USD 50 per booking / amendment|
|15 days prior to departure.||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 50% of the tour price.||20 days prior to departure.||50%||USD 50 per booking / amendment|
|10 days prior to departure.||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 100% of the tour price.||20 days prior to departure.||100%||USD 50 per booking / amendment|
|NFR bookings||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 100% of the tour price.||Immediate at the time of booking||100%||NA|