- Detailed Itinerary
- Inclusion / Exclusion
- Tour Highlights
- Payment Policy / Refund Policy
Brahmatal Trek Highlights:
- Get a chance to witness the many small hamlets and stream through the trek. Feast your eyes as you witness the beauty of the whole region from the top
- Enjoy camping at a high summit and the clear night sky under the billions of stars. Also, enjoy a small bonfire with your friends.
- Trek through some of the most alpine and forests of fir, Rhododendron and Oak.
- Get a chance to witness the rare flora and fauna of this region as you continue your trek.
- Catch the glimpses of magnificent Himalayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul is very close along with the views of Nandhaghunti.
- During your trek you will also trek through Chota Jhandidar and Bada Jhandidar.
- The snow-capped mountain and the distant valleys will definitely make you wish to come back here once again.
- Meet the local people here and share a cup of tea while you learn about their culture.
- Also, taste the local cuisine of this region while you head out for this trek.
Another jewel of the Himalayas which is a favourite among the trekkers around the world is the Brahmatal trek. A blend of challenges and picturesque beauty this trek is another of the most sought off treks in the world. Nestled amidst the Himalayas and covered with blankets of snow, the Brahmatal trek proves to be challenging for a few trekkers. Starting at Kathgodam, this trip will take you to some of the most amazing locations and visit famous tourist spots. Trek through the oaks and fir trees and then cross the steep paths. You also get glimpses of the Garhwal Mountains in the distance on a clear day. As you walk through the upper region of Lohajung and then through the forest trail with a few more houses. It is another of the most beautiful sight you will see during your Brahmatal trek. Spend some time exploring the beauty of the region while you head out for this trek.
About the Brahmatal Trek:
Known as one of the most enchanting treks, the Brahmatal trek is a great winter trek for the nature lovers and adventure seekers. You will start this amazing trek from Kathgodam and make your way through some of the beauty of the region. Upon your arrival in Kathgodam early morning, you will be picked from the railway station or bus stand. You will be traveling for 9 hours to reach Lohajung which is 225 KM away from Kathgodam. By late afternoon, you will reach Lohajung where you will be staying at night in a guest house.
On second day of your Brahmatal trekking tour, you will be trekking from Lohajung to Bekaltal. En route, let your eyes enjoy some awe-inspiring views of Nandaghunti Peak. Trek through the forests of oaks and firs. Conclude the 4-5 hours long trek after you reach Bekaltal. The total distance you cover would be 8 km. On your third day, you will trek from Bekaltal to Brahmatal which is another of most beautiful rail for you. The trails go through a forest and when you reach Telindi top, behold the enchanting views of the mighty Himalayas.
On fourth day of your Brahmatal trekking tour, you will be covering from Khabekhal to Bhramtaal to Daldum. You will be treading along the tricky pathways which go through Chota Jhandidar and Bada Jhandidar. This trail is encircled by a mountain ridge with valleys on both sides. Catch the glimpses of magnificent Himalayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul is very close along with the views of Nandhaghunti. On fifth day of your Brahmatal trekking tour, you will be trekking from Brahmatal to Lohajung and trek through the same route. Then on your last and sixth day, you will take the trail from Lohajung to Kathgodam. The Brahmatal Trekking package is the perfect adventure that you have been long waiting for.
Brahmatal Trek Weather :
– Winters (December-February): This is considered to be the best season for Brahmatal trek. During these cold winter months, daytime temperatures of Brahmatal trek range between 0°C to 2°C. In the night, the temperatures fall to around -5°C to -10°C. The temperature inside the tent is better but can still be freezing at around 10°C.
– Summer and spring (May-October): The daytime weather of Brahmatal trek remains cool and pleasant. Brahmatal trek temperatures vary depending on the altitude that you are at, during the trek. In lower camps, the Brahmatal trek weather is pleasant at around 10°C and higher camps at around 2°C
Quick Facts About Brahmatal Trek:
- Brahmatal Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: 0°C to 7°C
- Brahmatal Trekking Distance: 22km
- Maximum Altitude: 12,150 ft
- Brahmatal Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Railway Station: Kathgodam is the nearest railway station
- Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- ATM: Dewal has the last ATM point before your trek begins. It’s advisable to withdraw money in Kathgodam itself
Meals during Brahmatal Trek:
Breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian) are included in the package
Stay during Brahmatal Trek:
Double or triple occupancy in the guesthouse and alpine tents.
How to reach?
Kathgodham has a railway station which is well-connected from all metropolitan cities and the nearest airport is Dehradun – Jolly Grant.
Kathgodam to Lohajung:
- Upon your arrival in Kathgodam early morning, you will be picked from the railway station or bus stand.
- You will be travelling for 9 hours to reach Lohajung which is 225 KM away from Kathgodam.
- By lat afternoon, you will reach Lohajung where you will be staying at night in a guest house.
Lohajung to Bekaltal:
- Today’s trek will start after breakfast. Commence the trip to Bekaltal.
- En route, let your eyes enjoy some awe-inspiring views of Nandaghunti Peak.
- Trek through the forests of oaks and firs. Conclude the 4-5 hours long trek after you reach Bekaltal. The total distance you cover would be 8 KMs.
- Stay overnight in tents.
Bekaltal to Brahmatal:
- Enjoy the snow covered pathways that let you reach Brahmatal. It will take around 4 hours to complete the trek.
- The trails go through a forest and when you reach Telindi top, behold the enchanting views of the mighty Himalayas.
- Continue walking to finally arrive in Brahmatal or Khabekhal Lake.
Khabekhal to Bhramtaal to Daldum:
- Right after breakfast, get ready to climb to the top of Brahmatal.
- Tread along the tricky pathways which go through Chota Jhandidar and Bada Jhandidar.
- This trail is encircled by a mountain ridge with valleys on both sides.
- You will take 2.5 hours to reach Brahmatal Top.
- On this journey, revel in the glimpses of magnificent Himayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul is very close along with the views of Nandhaghunti.
- From the top, you can revel in the exotic views of snow covered Himalayan Ranges.
- Proceed to the next camp site in Daldum and the trek will take up to 3 hours to finish. 2.7 KM will be the distance you would be covering with this trek.
- Again, forests will be accompanying you through these trekking trails.
Brahmatal to Lohajung:
- Today, you will trail back to Lohajung along the same path you took to reach Brahmatal.
- Once you reach here, check-in to your guest house and take rest.
Lohajung to Kathgodam:
- Conclude the trek and depart to Kathgodam early morning.
- After your arrival at Kathgodam, your trip comes to an end.
- But, you can plan how to spend the day fruitfully on your own, be it sightseeing or shopping, Kathgodam will not disappoint you.
- Outdoor Games
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, fax, internet, beverages, snacks, medical expenses, minibar of hotels, etc.
- Supplement for Meals not mentioned in inclusions.
- Permissions of photo/video shooting at the museums and objects.
- Optional activities/experiences attract supplement charge.
- Any other services not mentioned in Included above.
- Train Tickets / Domestic airfare.
- Any other services not mentioned in Price Inclusions above.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) 5% on the package cost.
- This package has two variation. The one with transport includes a pick and drop from Kathgodam to Lohajung and then back to Kathgodam, Lohajung is the start point of the trek. The one without transport, Trekker have to reach Lohajung on his own .
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the trek leaders or instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the tour.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- While visiting any religious sites, follow proper dress-code and do not hurt the local sentiments of the places.
- Do not harm or interrupt the local and religious sentiments of the places.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician
- Though medical facilities are available at every campsite, participants are suggested to carry their own medication (if any)
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed.
- Social distancing to be maintained.
- Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Professional and experienced staff to cater your needs for the whole trip.
- The applicable price is based on minimum of 2 adults traveling together.
- The above price is not valid for travel during the trade fair period and special events.
- There is no refund for any non-utilization of any services.
- We recommend you to book an airline ticket in advance to avail the lowest airfare. Airfare pricing is real time and is subject to change unless ticketed, please check details of amendment and cancellation before going ahead.
- Exchange rate will be applicable on the day you make the payment as per company rate card.
- It is advisable for all clients to have overseas travel insurance for the entire travel duration of your holiday. Please check details with our travel consultant.
- At this point of time, no services are confirmed and the same is subject to availability.
- Should the period of travel, the number of participants, the type of accommodation, and the type of transport or the duration of the trip, change the quote will be revised accordingly.
- Request for early hotel check in or late checkout is to the discretion of the hotel unless pre-booked and pre-paid in advance.
- Please check Terms & Conditions before proceeding to book with Overseas Travel Solutions.
- All payment to be made strictly by Cheque / Online / Demand Draft / Direct bank transfer in favour of Overseas Travel Solutions.
- SIC transfers do not operate between 08:30 PM – 07:30 AM.
- Luxury Hotel rates are applicable on Weekdays (Monday – Thursday) only.
- In case of unavailability, similar category Hotel will be provided.
|PAYMENT AT THE TIME OF BOOKING||BALANCE PAYMENT||CANCELLATION CHARGES||AMENDMENT CHARGES|
|45 days prior to departure||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 10% of the tour price.||30 days prior to departure.|
|30 days prior to departure.||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 25% of the tour price.||20 days prior to departure.||25%||USD 50 per booking / amendment|
|15 days prior to departure.||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 50% of the tour price.||20 days prior to departure.||50%||USD 50 per booking / amendment|
|10 days prior to departure.||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 100% of the tour price.||20 days prior to departure.||100%||USD 50 per booking / amendment|
|NFR bookings||100% of the airfare, visa and insurance if booked through Overseas Travel Solutions + 100% of the tour price.||Immediate at the time of booking||100%||NA|